Work stream 1: Workforce capacity and capability
The Network of Public Health Observatories is now part of Public Health England.
This page contains historical information.
|Lead PHO: || London Health Observatory (LHO) |
2007 Achievement highlights
Over the past year, the main focus of the work has been on developing a new skills and competency framework to support systematic career development in health intelligence - for dedicated analysts as well as generalists:
- nine regional consultation workshops have been held through the PHO regional intelligence networks to gain frontline views and ideas on the development of the new
- a training plan has been agreed to support the framework
- APHO has provided a summary of the training resources available from PHOs to improve access to existing curricula and training in health information and intelligence
- PHOs are playing a part in helping to develop of a set of model job descriptions and person specifications
- a new online resource - Health Knowledge initially hosted on the London Health Observatory website - is now undergoing further work to enhance the interactivity of the resource, with a view to longer term hosting and development on the APHO website.