Children and Young People
The Network of Public Health Observatories is now part of Public Health England.
This page contains historical information.
||Lead PHO: YHPHO
|ChiMat Programme Director
|Tel: 01904 567 652
The Child and Maternal Health Observatory (ChiMat) is a national public health observatory established to provide wide-ranging, authoritative data, evidence and practice relating to children, young people's and maternal health. ChiMat supports policy makers, commissioners, managers and other health stakeholders to improve decision-making for high quality, cost effective services.
This specialist observatory if part of the Yorkshire and Humber Public Health Observatory (YHPHO) which is the lead PHO for child and maternal health at a national level.
You can access the latest information, evidence and interactive planning tools through the ChiMat website.
Through the ChiMat website we provide access to:
A comprehensive, up to date knowledge base through which you can:
- Access the latest research, evidence and related media stories
- Download national frameworks, guidelines, targets and strategy documents
- Find key information providers, government initiatives, case studies and online networks
- View a calendar of conferences, workshops and other events
- Keep up to date – subscribe to the weekly ChiMat ebulletin
Tools and Data
A suite of online tools to help you in planning and decision-making allowing you to:
- Select interactive maps and tables of indicators and statistics using our regularly updated Data Atlas
- View key child health indicators and make local, regional and national comparisons in our interactive Child Health Profiles
- Use our modular Needs Assessment toolkit to profile the local needs of key groups
- Review and plan your priorities against national standards and frameworks with a Self-Assessment tool
- Access a range of other valuable online tools and datasets to support better decision- making for child and maternal health using our comprehensive Data Directory.
Support and Training
A dedicated team providing health intelligence and knowledge management support to practitioners in the field including:
- Advice and support in using child and maternal health data
- Training for you and your team on how to use the online tools
- Guidance on using data to improve your commissioning process
Back to Lead Areas table